Saturday, February 7, 2009

Harry Nicolaides Pardon

I read that it was likely that Harry Nicolaides would be pardoned by the Thai royal family as others convicted of lese majeste have also been pardoned by the royal family. I hope Nicolaides didn't do this as a publicity stunt thinking he would be pardoned because it has not turned out well for him. As I understand it, he's in prison with hardcore prisoners. I just hope he gets his pardon before something happens to him in prison.

The real issue is why they have the law on the books. The harsh tactics in getting foreign citizens (who have no allegiance to the royal family) to confess to the "crime" could not have a positive effect on foreign relations.

I wonder what laws they have on the books against criticizing government leaders and officials?

No comments:

Post a Comment